out.gif (2726 bytes)
map.gif (2801 bytes)
home.gif (2772 bytes)

shimgeomdang.gif (1451 bytes)
Shimgeomdang - A Part of the Monk's College

horizontal rule

Shimgeomdang.jpg (79119 bytes)
photo 2001  Kerk Phillips

This building is located on the left side of the main courtyard, opposite the Maitreya and Vicrocana Halls.  It was originally built in 1613 and rebuilt in 1889.  It is used as part of the monk's college and is generally not open to the public.  The stone lantern in front of the hall dates to the Shilla Period.

shimgomdang2.jpg (65650 bytes)
photo 1999 Yeongmi Phillips

shimgomdang2.jpg (65650 bytes)
photo 2000 Kerk Phillips

shimgomdang2.jpg (65650 bytes)
photo 2001 Kerk Phillips

shimgomdang2.jpg (65650 bytes)
photo 2006 Kerk Phillips